Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Beach Bound!

On Friday morning I will be beach bound! I'll be off to a few days off, relaxing and tanning with my family! I can't wait! I have a few beach essentials for while I'm on the sand:

Flip flops
Flip flops are a must! No good beach day is complete without the proper footwear! Rainbows are great because they don't get ridiculously hot while they're in the sun and they're durable enough to withstand a few trips! Plus they don't look like $2 shower shoes...
iPod
Laugh all you want, but I always put my iPod in a plastic baggie at the beach. It's a protective shield and keeps the sand out. Nothing is worse than an electronic device with sand in all the crevices. Plus I love to jam out to my favorite songs while tanning. I also get kinda bored at the beach if I just have to sit there, so my iPod is perfect for that! Add a fabulous beach playlist and you're SET.
Sunscreen
I've recently started a new skincare regiment and sunscreen has never been more important. I have to be a little bit more careful with these new products so I'll be loading up on sunscreen all day long!

What are your essentials? You all know I'm a HUGE fan of sunglasses so I figured that went without saying...

xxKatie

5 comments:

...just another preppy shopaholic said...

Have a great time!

AMT said...

Books and Burt Bees chaptstick are a definite must! Quick chick-lit reads are the best by the water and it's always easy to forget your lips when you're slathering on the SPF!

Barbecued Peaches said...

I just blogged about my summer must-haves last week :)

Mine are similar to yours, except I always have a floppy hat, good book and a water bottle(...or beer). Ditto AMT on chapstick with SPF. I also just tried Neutrogena's new Wet Skin sunblock and I'm a big fan. And if you have an iPhone, Coppertone has an app that you can set to send you reminders on when to reapply!

French Lover said...

Have a fabulous time !! I'll be in currently gray Paris, being jealous ;)

Bisous :)

Kelly said...

I hope you have a wonderful time and let us know how it went!