Sunday, January 4, 2009

Love Actually: Greatest Movie I've Seen in Awhile

As a movie reviewer on rottentomatoes.com says, Love Actually is "ten romantic comedies rolled into one". It's a British flick all about love...actually! It starts out with a narrator, aka "The Prime Minister" who is Hugh Grant (and fabulous) and he says,
"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

I mean who wouldn't already be melting, and we're probably three minutes into the movie. Some of the taglines are "All You Need Is Love...Actually", "Very Romantic. Very Comedy.", and "The Ultimate Romantic Comedy".

My ultimate favorite movie scene from any movie is in LoveActually. I don't want to give any of the story away, but this should motivate you to go see it, enjoy:


Go out and rent/buy/download/TiVo/DVR this movie as soon as you can. Definitely in my top 5!
xxKatie

5 comments:

Belle- Pink Cupcake said...

haha, I just watched that movie yesterday!

Belle- Pink Cupcake said...

oh, btw I bought the jack rogers in platinum!!!

Anonymous said...

love it so much..i was sad i was only able to watch it once this christmas..i remember the first time I saw it, I was already crying in the first 5 min, with that great quote from hugh grant.

Audrey said...

http://chelseavantol.etsy.com

sooo cute!!!

Kate said...

I own it and love it. The soundtrack is just as good!