Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Graduation Gift

My parents gave me my graduation gift like the night before my graduation, but it wasn’t the right size. They gave me a gold and pearl Pandora ring (that I actually posted about when I got back from spring break…funny story: my mom didn’t really like it because she thought “I was hitting her over the head” by saying how much I liked it, so in turn, I deleted the post.) and I absolutely love it! It has 4 teeny tiny pink sapphires in the sides of the “crown”. When we were in Phoenix, the saleswoman told me that it was part of Pandora’s princess collection. How fab? Well, anyway, mother had ordered a size 7, which I’m guessing is like typical ring size. The 7 easily fell off my hand though, causing a slight wearability problem. It fit on the middle finger of the hand I write with, and even that finger has a huge knuckle that it fit over. Needless to say, I needed a much smaller size, so we headed back over to Smyth to get a new one. After ordering the size 6 (and being properly fitted) it finally arrived a few days ago!

I’m still getting used to wearing a ring, and I tend to fidget taking it on and off and on and off. It does turn fairly often, so I find myself turning it back because of the texture (you can see the little balls on the photo). Also, to take the close up pictures (pardon the hair, my mom seemed a little grossed out, but I didn’t think twice about it) I used the digital macro setting on my camera for the first time! I upgraded my camera around Christmas time and I still am not sure how everything works yet! It took incredibly clear VERY close up photos of the ring. I decided to take the picture ON my hand because you can see the pink sapphires the best. Who even knew that sapphires could come in any color besides blue?! Well, they come in the fabulous shade of pink too!

Ever get any special graduation gifts? This is definitely one I’ll remember!

xxKatie

12 comments:

LPC said...

Wow. Just. Plain. Beautiful.

gulf coast teacher said...

i'm mad jealous!!! this is the cutest ring i've ever seen!!!

Kerry said...

I got a Pearl and Sapphire earrings frrom my gradparents for grad. They are a family heirloom and sapphires are my birthstone, so it's perfect! Love the ring, I didn't even know Pandora made rings!!!!

Unknown said...

That is such an adorable ring!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that ring! very simple and classic

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

what a beautiful ring. For my graduation present I got a blue sapphire and diamond necklace. It is a beauty and was bought to match the sapphire and diamond ring I got for my 18th birthday.

CIP said...

Holy crap, first off I love Pandora and I LOVE that ring. For graduation I got this beautiful Tiffany's ring..I just tried to find a link for it online but it was from 06 so I don't know if it's there anymore :(

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Beautiful Ring. Great Graduation Gift too! My parents got me a peridot ring for HS graduations (I'm an August baby)and a sapphire and diamond ring for college (Go Penn State!) I still wear both 11 and 7 years later!)

ams said...

Hi! I tagged you with a little award on my site! :)

Peyton said...

love your ring! it is absolutely gorgeous and you're going to look fabulous wearing it around!

ms. mindless said...

beautiful! hmm, now i am thinking i need a pearl ring now....

alanna said...

omg i love it!! soo jealous, buying one for myself as soon as next paycheck gets here!