Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Care-Package

The other day my mom tried to send me a care package, but since all the snow came, it was TOTALLY delayed. Typically packages from home take about 3 days to get here, 4 days maximum through UPS, so she was not expecting it to take that long. It was chock full of Valentine's goodies and snacks that were very much appreciated! I love getting packages from home and I especially love the cards that everyone includes. My Aunt Patricia always sends me little seasonal presents and I love the cards she sends me. I actually cut up one of the first cards that my mom sent me when I was still having a tough time at school and she signed it "I love you! xoxo Mom" and it's now framed up on my wall and you can see that she drew a heart around the little note and the outline of that is at the top of the frame. It's just a little bit of home that I like to see on my wall.

Included in the most recent package was this fabulous pair of yellow and plaid boat shoes! How much fun are they? I can't wait to wear them with my J. Crew 5'' chino shorts!! I absolutely love these little gems! They're just making me WAY too excited about warm weather and it getting sunny. Today I gave a campus tour and I was freezing in black pants with leggings underneath, tall black Ugg boots, and 3 different shirts on underneath my big North Face Denali fleece. I am SO over all this cold weather crud.

On a completely different note, I want to wish my sister a GIGANTIC "Break a Leg" for her show tomorrow. She's in the musical Good News at her high school (my alma mater!) and I couldn't be more excited for her! Thursday night is the opening performance and I am dying to hear how it goes!! Here's my card to you:

I miss you so much and I wish that I could be at your show!!

xxKatie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Shoes!

DC GOP Girl said...

Such cute shoes! I want!

Our Comfy~ Cozy Life!!!! said...

The shoes are great!

(BTW, if I worked at a Lilly Pulitzer store, I would owe them money at the end of the day! What a fun place to work???!!!! Have fun!)

Kerry said...

I love the shoes! I have a pink and green pair and they are great! I am wishing the warm weather would start now as well. I want to wear Lilly!!

Gracie Beth said...

My poor revas stare at me EVERY morning dying to be worn but it has been far too cold!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

College care packages were my very favorite! And you cannot have too many Sperry's! They are my favorite!

Anonymous said...

wait, you can make your own ecards now? xoe

bevy said...

Cute card to your sister! I need to look up that website...

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Awwww, I used to LOVE care packages especially when I was away at Boarding School!! :)