Friday, May 7, 2010

Outfit of the Day: Happy Summer

Today I am celebrating new purchases and... the beginning of summer! As I've said, I've been back since Saturday and it is still blowing my mind how fast my freshman year went. I can only imagine how most of my friends feel since they're halfway done (or more, some are even graduating today through this weekend) with college! I decided to break out a dress today since it wasn't sweltering--I'm sure my friends in SC are laughing because I think it's hot here--so I wouldn't have to worry about overheating. Yesterday my mom and I went shopping and stores have some crazy sales going on! I picked up a pair of salmon critter shorts with white anchors from J. Crew and two dresses from Old Navy that are perfect for summer. Here's what I wore today:





I am loving this dress and I don't have too much green, so I figured green would be fun! I also picked up the dress in black (the dress in the photo isn't EXACTLY the same, but they're close enough).

I also just got some Essie nail polish from our local Ulta store. They have an awesome sale going on for all their "designer" nail polish so definitely go check it out! I got 3 shades: Sandy Beach (which is currently on my toes!), BBF: Best Boyfriend, and Hi Maintenance! I just gave myself an pedicure a few nights ago with SB and I really like it so far, hopefully it just lasts while without much chipping. It's a great color for summer since it's light and not too overwhelming. I did want to buy this collection though while I was at Ulta:

SO cute right? I know, I know, adorable. It comes with Petal Pink, A Walk Down the Aisle (white, but I can't colorize white font!), Show Me the Ring (iridescent pearl), and Main Squeeze. I think this might be a future purchase if it doesn't sell out soon!

I hope everyone else is having a good beginning to summer (sooner or later!!)!!

xxKatie

10 comments:

Jules said...

Love the Longchamp tote and monogrammed necklace! The Essie colors are really pretty too.

Suburban Princess said...

I am in love with Pink Glove Treatment right now!

Tara said...

I love all the white with the pink and green. So cute!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Such a cute ensemble. As usual, I love it all!

Emily Kathleen said...

Love your outfit of the day...the green dress is adorable and Essie nailpolish is so fabulous!

c said...

love the color of that longchamp!

Taryn said...

That longchamp is perfect! I love the whole outfit.

Short, Sweet, and Petite said...

I love the entire outfit! Like you, I also cannot believe freshman year went by so quickly! I still feel like move-in day was yesterday (granted, my school started later than most schools and ended earlier too). It seems as though you had a blast though and accomplished so much! Congratulations!

Tashina said...

I love that dress! Old Navy is great for those random cute finds lol. It's the type of store where you either dislike everything in there or every other item you see you say '' Oh wow, look what Old Navy has!''

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

Did I tell you how cute your ensemble is? Darling! :) xoxo