Friday, September 3, 2010

Roommate Baking!

About two weeks ago my roommate and I did some DElish cupcake baking! I mostly did the actual baking, but she kept me company which is just as good! I loved the way that these turned out! All the letters were for our house: Katie, Megan, and Catherine and then the A at the bottom was for Megan's boyfriend Albert. She has such a fun tim decorating that for him. When I don't hand color/pipe my frosting (which is usually when I want brighter colors because I hate using so much dye) I use the Betty Crocker Easy Flow Icing:

I used the pink one and it comes with 4 tips: star, leaf, round, and ribbon. I used the star one the most often because it's the easiest and I think the cutest. I've used this decorating icing for Christmas wreaths in red and green and they came out too too cute! I would highly recommend using this icing, but definitely practice on a paper plate or other easy surface to get the hang of the nozzle. You can easily press too hard on a cupcake and mess it up (coming from LOTS of experience with that!!!). I also loved how the icing matched the pink sprinkles I have from Williams and Sonoma. One year for my birthday, I was given a decorating kit with purple and white edible glitter, flower sugar sprinkles and then pink and yellow sanding sugar. I still use the kit to this date and I love it! It even made it's way to my new apartment as you can see!!

Anyone do any recent baking/decorating?? I'd love to see!

xxKatie

1 comment:

Sarah Wyland said...

These are too cute! I've been wanting to decorate sugar cookies. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and do it on this holiday weekend. :)