Sunday, May 29, 2011

Outfit of the Day: Wearing My First Rue La La Purchase!



This was my first ever purchase from RLL! I was so excited when I bought it because I had $40 worth of credit to my account so the dress was only $30--what a steal! I took the full price tags off today (down from $248!) with the best sense of accomplishment! I was so excited to wear it to work and it was the perfect outfit for a hot day. I love the combo of the orange with the gold accessories and it will be a fun summer dress I can enjoy for a long time.

At school I had the hem dropped after a twitter request to all of my lovely followers native to Columbia, SC. After inquiring who was a good, experienced women's tailor who had good knowledge of dressy items, I was referred by 2 highly knowledgeable Columbia ladies to Jackie's on Forest Drive. Not only did they know the hot-spot and the go-to for tailoring, but the shop was full of expensive formal dresses so I knew I was in adept hands. I love this dress--and even more now that the hem is at a better length for me!

Happy Memorial Day weekends y'all!

xxKatie

3 comments:

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

I bought this dress last summer on sale - wish I had got it on Ruelala instead! Can't wait to wear it too!!! :)

Madras and Pearls said...

This dress - and the entire outfit - is too perfect! I am tres jealous that you get to wear this today :) Enjoy!

Alex Carreno said...

I saw this on Rue La La and was oh so tempted. Can't go wrong with the Jack Rogers, probably my favorite shoes in my entire closet.
Absolutely love your blog!

Alex
http://adoredbyalex.blogspot.com/