Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vote Vote Vote: Advice Needed

So this great gold, sparkly, glittery, fun, party dress is on Rue La La for about $60. 

It is the perfect 21st birthday dress, right?

I have credits enough to cover the entire dress AND shipping, meaning it's free. No questions asked free. It's also long enough that it would be perfect for me! Imagine it with black tights, some great shoes (that I could spend money on since I didn't have to pay for the dress) and me in a birthday crown singing 21st birthday karaoke. Perfect right? (10:44am edit: My birthday is in January! That's why I suggested tights and fun shoes--too cold for bare legs!!)

VOTE y'all! Let me know if you like it for a good birthday dress. 

After posting it on my Facebook fan page and Twitter, the score is:

Yes: 11
No: 1 (read: "too much fabric for a 21 year old")
"What are the other options": 1 (a fair argument)

Clearly I need more input!! VOTE VOTE VOTE and help a sista out!

xxKatie

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Not a big fan. The gold is a great choice for a 21st birthday celebration but I could pass on the design of the dress.

Elizabeth said...

Definitely a cute dress for a birthday, but it doesn't seem very summery, unless your birthday is in the fall. I would try it with a pair of white and gold sandals minus the tights and it would be perfect :)
Xo, E

Lindsey said...

I'm with the one who said what are the other options? I like that it is sparkly, but it seems like there might be something else out there!

Amanda Attempts said...

I think its cute, and would be cuter with black tights....but as a general rule I'm not a big fan of gold. You've got a lot of time before January--I'd keep looking!

Stu said...

Not impressed Katie, I'm sure you can find a dress that will make you look more of a princess on your special day. x

Anonymous said...

I vote YES! Just because you're 21 doesn't mean you have to show everything off! ;) (I turn 21 on Sunday!)

http://thesouthernsummers.blogspot.com

Sarah Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Brooke said...

Not a fan. I also like the gold color but the design is kind of blah. You might find something in the next 6 months that you like better :)

ShortBlonde said...

Would have to be a 'no' from me- the shape is unflattering and I'm not a fan of the metallic gold look. It's super fun (reminds me of New Years!), but I'm sure there's something better out there!

Legally Brunette Kate said...

I say yes! It might be a tad long on most girls, but from reading your blog I know you're pretty darn tall, so I don't think that's an issue at all.

legallybrunettekate.blogspotcom

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

It's perfect!!!!!!!! Love it!!