Sunday, August 21, 2011

"You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important."


I LOVED THE HELP!

I read The Help during spring break of 2010 and absolutely loved it! My Momma read it at the beginning of last year and recommended it to me and everyone she knew. It spread like wildfire at school, within our family and everyone else who heard about it! The whole time we were reading, we all agreed how great of a movie it would make!

Needless to say, when I saw it about a week and a half ago, I LOVED IT! It was so well cast, with amazing costumes and of course a DE-LISH caramel cake! Anyone remember Caroline's Cakes that I've written about? Well it makes one BIG cameo in the film! 

We cried, we laughed, and enjoyed every minute of this movie! It lives up to the book (I did like the book more!) and I'd happily see it again! Have you seen it yet? If not, go now!!!

xxKatie

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I was so excited when I saw the title to this post, I love The Help!! I'm actually going to see the movie this afternoon with my mom and I cannot wait!!
xo,
E

Portuguese Prepster said...

I love the Help! I thought it captured the book perfectly. I cried the whole time too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the movie. I read the book too and, I must say, it was one of the few movies that was almost as good as the book! I cried through half of the movie!

ShortBlonde said...

I saw it with my mom, a week after we both finished reading the book! It was so good; while watching the movie I kept going back and forth between laughing and crying.

Whales and Wayfarers said...

It was absolutely amazing! I loved it so much from the very beginning until the very end! Will most definitely see it again!
Katie

Emily said...

I loved the movie too, but have to say the book was a little better - but not by much!

xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

My Life as A Plate said...

The book is seriously probably my favorite book of all time, I love all the characters. I am seein the movie won Tuesday ( finally) I cannot wait :)

Preppy Buckeye said...

It was such a good movie! I bought the book to read :)

Miss Janice said...

I absolutely adored this movie! I loved the clothes and hairdos and enjoyed so many of the great lines from the movie and the book.

Kate said...

I am going to read the book for sure. I loved the movie and know I'll love the book too!