Friday, October 21, 2011

Throw Some Glitter, Make It Rain

In the words of one of my favorite pump-up artists, Ke$ha, "Throw some glitter make it rain..."! I was just shopping yesterday at home and I was making the rounds to the usual places. One of my favorite places to raid is our local Ulta. Ulta has great sales and freebies for most popular products. Just yesterday I qualified for a free OPI topcoat or basecoat AND a freebie from Bare Escentuals. Ulta is also great because it's one-stop shopping. I made my way over to the Ulta brand cosmetics counter to check out what they had and it was full of bogo's. I opted for a 2/$6 for items that were usually $6 so it was basically buy one get one free. I picked up this nail color:
Pinata-Yada-Yada

It is a $6 alternative to one of my most lusted after colors out there, Happy Birthday by Deborah Lippman of Lippman Collection:
I just can't really bring myself to spend nearly $20 on nail polish...ok it's actually $18, but I digress. I was so excited to have come upon this other color that seems to be very similar! One of the big differences in the Lippman Collection color, atypical of other glitter polishes is it's very large pieces of glitter. Pinata-Yada-Yada has those exact same ones! There were a BUNCH of the bottles just like the one I snatched up (probably 9-10 left after mine) but it's not listed on the website so run to your Ulta to see if it's there!!!

I know it's not always the classiest, but glitter is SUCH a guilty pleasure of mine...if only you could see my toe right now!! 

xxKatie

3 comments:

Emily said...

I have the Ulta brand one on my nails right now! I am obsessed with it. I love that it can work with SO many different colors under it! I am like you, I can't see paying $20 for nail polish. I have found the more expensive like Chanel and a few others chip SO easily on me. I love the Ulta brand!

Lindsey Leigh said...

I got that one too this weekend! I was so excited because i actually did a look for less post myself on the OPI by sephora sparktackular one compared to the deborah lipman happy birthday! you can read my post here: http://keepitclassyalabama.blogspot.com/2011/08/look-for-less-nail-polish.html

i referenced, kesha as well!! glitter always makes me think of her :)

Unknown said...

I have several deborah lippmann polishes and I LOVE THEM! I have that sparkle one and it's so fun but kind of a pain to get the sparkles off.