Friday, November 11, 2011

100x And So On...Here's To Milestones!

Everyone remembers the grade they were in when they celebrated 100 days of school. I was in first grade is Mrs. Arnold's class and everyone had to make a shirt that somehow celebrated our first 100 days of school!

I made a shirt that said "I (heart) 1-A" in gemstones...really my mom made it. It was teal and I was SO PROUD. Other kids had 100 pennies, 100 candies, 100 this and 100 that. I didn't think I'd EVER in a MILLION years do anything else 100 times. 

Then I got to my 100th post. Then I got to my 500th post. And my 600th post. And so on and so forth. Each time, I was more shocked than the last that I was able to do something X amount of times.

Well last night, ladies and gentlemen, sometime while I was asleep, YOU crossed a milestone that in a MILLION years I never thought would happen. 

You hit and crossed 500,000 page views. 

That's half of a million. 

That is no small milestone. 

That is quite, huge, actually. I can say in my life, I've never actively done anything 500,000 times. Yeah ok, breathing and blinking and taking steps, but I wasn't really thinking about that. 

I saw it before I went to bed last night, I was 53 pageviews away from hitting the big number. Thanks to everyone in weird time zones, everyone on their computers late at night, and the few insomniacs that I have who read. Without every single one of you, we would have NEVER gotten here. 

So with this new vigor, I wonder where the next 500,000 will take me. I wonder what the next big milestone that we'll be hitting will be. 

Here's to milestones!

xxKatie

6 comments:

Diana of Windmasters Hill said...

Congratulations! Ive been following for quite a while and enjoy every post.

There must be something about yesterday. I hit my 100th follower on my blog last night. Come enter my celebration giveaway! http://myfwbs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Katie!!!

SHF said...

Congratulations on such a huge milestone! =)

SHF
thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!! That's awesome!
Xoxo,
E

Michelle said...

Congrats!

Glitterista said...

Wohoo! Congrats! :)