I don't really like cooking from scratch. I cook from a box more often than not, and I enjoy recipes along the lines of "semi-homemade", like the show, instead of baking from scratch. This dessert recipe is one of those "semi-homemade" recipes, but not from the show, and I've been making it since Christmas!
If you like pecan pie, you will LOVE these! (And even if you don't really like pecan pie, or thought you didn't like me, you'll probably STILL like these too!)
This recipe sincerely couldn't be easier! This is what the finished product looks like!
1 Tube of sugar cookie dough
1 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. SPRAY YOUR PAN! THIS IS SO IMPORTANT!
3. Spread the cookie dough out in your pan:
(All the finger prints will bake away!)
4. Bake until it is BARELY golden brown, it will finish cooking with the filling! You want it very light still!
5. Mix all other ingredients to make filling. It will be gritty and a little runny, these are both good!
6. Put filling into hot crust. You can flatten the crust a little before you add the filling, but the weight of the filling will help flatten it too!
7. Bake until the middle doesn't jiggle anymore. You want it to be solid! That's usually about 15 minutes when I make it, give or take, depending on your oven:
It will look like that! You can see the crust has like almost NO color on it, like I said, just barely golden brown!
8. Let it cool completely! This is the hardest part!! I've cut into it before it's cooled all the way and it's really not as good! Be patient, this can sometimes take up to 2 hours!
9. Cut into cookie bars and enjoy:
This recipe is seriously SO easy and SO yummy! It's fun to bring to potlucks or to impress the in-laws! Plus it won't last long wherever you take it!