Monday, April 16, 2012

Formal Season!

There are few things in life that make me as happy as helping people get ready for formals! Whether that's helping my girlfriends primp and prep for their sorority formals or high school proms, or even helping the guys pick out cummerbund and bowtie sets, formal season is calling my name!

Just last Friday was a HUGE day for formals here at USC and I can't tell you how many people we outfitted properly! 

Girl formal season can mean so many different things to different people, but here are a few of my favorite looks for the guys:
Avery Cummerbund Set from High Cotton Ties
This is my absolute favorite look for formal season! Right now on their site, it's out of stock, so I guess I'm not the only one who liked it! Pink, green, gingham and reversible, what's NOT to like about this?!
Plaid Silk Cummerbund Set from Just Madras
I've seen this in person, and it is STUNNING! It would look great with so many different formal dresses, and has just a teeny piping of black in it to look perfect with any tux!

Rainbow Trout Cummerbund by Smathers and Branson 
There are a few friends of mine who'd wear this in a heartbeat for their formals or even proms! Too cute!!

Deep Pink Check Cummerbund Set from High Cotton Ties
This set is so perfect for custom monogramming! I usually suggest monograms in colors, but this one looks best with a black to really pop with a tux. Here's a bit of a lighter example, but still one of my favorites:

Fishbone Cummerbund Set from Vineyard Vines
I find that silk sets are dressier than the cotton combos, but this whimsical one is just too fun to pass up!

Mardi Gras Tattersall Cummerbund Set from High Cotton Ties
I know a lot of fraternity formals choose to go somewhere for a destination formal, so this could be perfect should you find yourself going to a formal in the Big Easy! I love how you can see the colors even from far away too!

American Flag Needlepoint Cummerbund from Smathers and Branson 
I'm totally a sucker for anything patriotic, so this one totally made the list! I'm definitely a fan of this one with some kind of solid red or blue bowtie to complete the look.


Spring Four Way Cummerbund Set from High Cotton Ties
This is my first runner-up for favorites! Think of all the different times you can wear this four-way combo from HCT! It's perfect for the summer, for weddings, proms and even formals too! It is so festive and fun and you can change it up so many different ways.

What are you wearing to formal or prom? Do you match your date or do you dress on your own?

xxKatie

2 comments:

WorthyStyle said...

Really CUTE ideas. Thank you for sharing these as it totally took me back to my college formal days!

Ethan Wilson said...

nice