Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I scream! You scream! We all scream for Vera!


So a few minutes ago, I got my copy of the spring and summer 2008 Vera Bradley catalog! I was immediately drawn in by the print on the cover. Very summery colors are so in for this season and I can't wait! BUT something even move interesting caught my eye: a collaboration between Jack Roger (the unofficial shoe of the preppy) and Vera Bradley (tote bag queen). On the front cover was a hybrid pair of both.

A slew of new colors is in for the new season as well. With names like Raspberry Fizz and Pinwheel Pink, I am very excited. There are obvious patterns to fill in for more popular-but-retired colors. Raspberry Fizz, for example, is a replacement for the old color of Sherbet, the old but very popular pink, orange, and yellow combo. Pinwheel Pink is a
much more recent replacement for the soon-to-be-retired Capri Melon (which is one of my
favorites) and Petal Pink (which I have the small duffle in). The pink and g
reen combination is a very popular addition to the new fleet.

About these shoes however, I am still very interested. I searched on Google to see what I could find and typed in "vera bradley jack rogers" exactly like that. I wanted to see what I could come up with. On (http://www.villagebootery.com/VillageBootery/scripts/prodList.asp?idcategory=247&curPage=3&sortField=description) website, they have several versions of the Vera Bradley/Jack Roger combo shoe. Very cool right? They run about the same price as the regular shoes, about $85. In many of the 2006-2007 colors like Capri Melon and Botanical prints. I think that it is a great idea for the two brands to collaborate, if the results are as cool as this!!

One problem: as I search further and further (like vera bradley jack rogers, or vera bradley shoes, or very bradley shoes 2008) less and less becomes available. Eh, small dilemma. I want the shoes in the catalog! I mean if you're going to put them on the FRONT COVER, in one of your own prints, you should PROBABLY sell it!!

AND! For any of you readers, how good was I at predicting the cute Lilly Pulitzer Sunglasses? EY, EY? I believe I nailed that on right on the head!!

xxKatie

No comments: