Friday, July 16, 2010

Gift Giving

I meant to post a few days ago (really awhile ago...) about what we got my dad for Father's Day. Oops...a few days late on that for sure! I was reminded to write about it because I saw the gift by all the stuff he was traveling with. I just found out that he ended up (proudly) wearing the tie that we got him from Lilly:
We had so many cute options to choose from, but since I'm a totally a pink girl, we picked out this for him! I love Lilly ties for guys of any age. They're so popular with the boys at school. I'd even say that the bowties might be more popular!

Also, a few days ago was my Momma's birthday! Yayyy! We got her the Tiffany Elsa Peretti Open Wave Lariat Necklace! If any of you remember, this is the same special necklace I got for my 18th birthday. My mom loves it so much that we decided she needed one for herself too!

I went to go check it out online, but it was "no longer available". Cue heart sinking and stomach lurching. I immediately call the closest T&CO to my house and ask what the deal was. Well not only did Tiffany have the BEST customer sales representative I've ever dealt with besides Apple, but she entered a system-wide search to see who had this necklace still possibly in stock. That includes ALL of their overseas stores too. After running a search for me, she called me back and told me that she could get one, but she wasn't sure where it would be from but I gave her all the necessary information anyway. Well just two days ago the wonderfully perfect necklace arrived and will be all ready for a birthday presentation when my Mom returns from the beach!

I love giving gifts to people! I always enjoy making gift baskets or finding the perfect gift for someone especially when you know its unexpected, special, and something they wouldn't normally get for themselves!

xxKatie

2 comments:

dana said...

You are such a thoughtful gift-giver! I have the hardest time trying to figure out gifts for the people closest to me.

Sunshine and Summertime said...

I love that tie! You really are a thoughtful gift-giver just like Dana said! I also gave you a bloggy award, so stop by and see what it's all about!