Thursday, October 28, 2010

Finally a Fall Gamday to Look Forward to!

This Saturday they're calling for cold weather for our Tennessee/USC football game! Gracie Beth are you coming!? I'm thinking about wearing a White House Black Market cowl neck dress:
I'm considering wearing it "jumper style" with either a white turtleneck or white long sleeve T from J. Crew underneath. I once saw a woman shopping with a similar look and I've ALWAYS wanted to try it out after that! Plus I'm going to a tailgate party with the university president and (random) student leaders that's right next to the stadium so I want to look a little bit nicer than usual.

It's a ponte knit dress so it'll be a little warmer than usual and I can pair it with a super fun gold necklace. My next question is shoes though. I may go with black Jacks or the new Lilly flats my mom picked up for me that I posted about a few days ago. It all depends on the weather for sure! They're calling for it to be low 50's (which is basically ideal weather for inside the stadium) and then upper 50's by the time the game ends around 3! Then it's off to Halloween festivities and what not! I'm really looking forward to a game that won't be blisteringly hot out. We won't have to worry about getting water 4 or 5 times throughout the day or finding people too hot to cheer. 

I was a little spoiled while I was home over fall break because it was nice and cool then, but then came back to summery Columbia! What a switch! What are you wearing this weekend...if it's finally getting cool by you?!

xxKatie

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

I'm definitely going to have to incorporate some layers into my costume this weekend, it's gotten colder hear in NJ. We've had a little bit of unseasonably warm weather recently and this weekend looks like it's going to be in the high 50s! Have a great Halloween weekend!

Gracie Beth said...

No, sadly I cannot even stomach watching my vols in Neyland anymore. We fully expect the 'ole ball coach to pay us back for Kiffin's black jerseys last year and put about 70 points on the board. I love my Vols, but I am definitely a realist.

Sarah Wyland said...

Cute outfit! I will, of course, be cheering for the Vols - win, lose, they're my team and that's that!

Anonymous said...

soooo cute. wish i had a football game to go to!!!! but i will be wearing comfy sweaters! xoxox