Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring Playlist 2011


1. Knee Deep by Zac Brown Band feat. Jimmy Buffett: This is the PERFECT summer song! I can't wait to be home, in the Annapolis air rocking out to ZBB and Jimmy Buffett. I mean really, what says summer more than that combo?

2. Old Alabama by Brad Paisley feat. Alabama: This is one true Southern song. I can't seem to get enough! I gave Holly from Hey, Hey, Holly a shout out to this song and she'd already heard it! Figures--any of the SEC girls tend to hear songs about their state pretty early.

3. Country Girl by Luke Bryan: I'm a HUGE LB fan so this was a natural progression!

4. Dancin' in the Moonlight by King Harvest: An oldie but a goodie. This was one of my mom's favorites in college and I think it was passed down to me that way. It's pretty much one of those feel-good-college-songs-that-everyone-always-knows-the-words-to-wherever-you-are. I'm a big fan of those.

5. Callin' Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks: CBR. Always a classic. This is for you Skyler! You ARE Samantha...

6. Boys in the Summer by Jessie James: Mmmhmm..."Boys look so much hotter in the summer"...

7. Something to Lose by Corey Smith: This song is on here for a whole lotta reasons. Mainly this is one of my favorite Corey Smith songs. I love him!

8. Where the Boat Leaves from by Zac Brown Band: I have a big feeling that it's going to be quite teh ZBB summer for me...

9. Barefoot Bluejean Night by Jake Owen: Love this song--you need to check it out soon! I can't wait to see the video when it debuts!

10. Your Body is a Wonderland by John Mayer: Bringin' this one back! I love the live version of this on Pandora!

11. Big Green Tractor by Jason Aldean: I've probably posted this song in my different playlists 5 or more times. It never gets old for me! It's consistently in the top 3 most listened to songs on my iTunes

12. Last Night Again by Steel Magnolia: This is such a good college song...a little reminiscent of "Out Last Night" by Kenny Chesney.

13. That Summer by Garth Brooks: It's clear that this playlist is mostly a getting ready for summer/I'm only calling it spring because it's a technicality playlist!!

14. Crazy Beautiful Life by Ke$ha: Just featured this one recently but it's so fun! You won't be able to get enough!

15. Like OMG, Baby by DJ Earworm: This is one of the lesser known songs by DJ Earworm but I'm a HUGE fan of this one. More than any of his United States of Pop versions!!

xxKatie

5 comments:

ShortBlonde said...

Thanks for posting this! I need to update my spring playlist badly..

CapeCodCollegiate said...

LOVE, calling baton rouge! Great addition to the list :)
xx

Skyler said...

I absolutely could not love and agree with your playlist more. I have been putting my iPod on shuffle and have some oldies for you to revisit. (ps last night again is my life, even if I am Samantha)

Pps ever heard dancin in the moonlight by Toploader? Goodie.

Everybody loves to cha-cha-cha. James Taylor.
Find my way. Gabe Dixon Band.
Say you will. Ben Harper.
I like it. Dixie Chicks. (I love it)
Don't it make you wanna dance? Jerry Jeff Walker (so obscure but give it a shot)
Love in the library. Jimmy Buffett. (my shoutout to finals)
Signed, Sealed, Delivered. Stevie Wonder.

Sorry for the novel. I have been just dancing up a storm lately.

Mrs Nautical Belle said...

Loving ZBB & Luke Bryan right now! Great choices. :)

xoxo.

AtlYankeeBelle said...

LOVE!