Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekly Gratitude

Phew, it's been too long since I've done one of these. Yikes!

1. I am thankful that yesterday was the 4th Sunday of Advent! I like Advent because it keeps me in line with Christmas. The 4th Sunday means we're getting so close and it's time to get excited!
2. I am thankful that I made it home safely. Thanks to Colleen and her fam for adopting me for a night on my way back!
3. I am thankful that I have off for pretty much a month. I've been home for 1 week today and still have 3 more weeks to enjoy.
4. I am thankful for close friends who can get me through tough times. Especially the ones who can tell me exactly what I want to hear at first, and then what I need to hear when the time comes. They let me cry on the phone to them, send them the hate texts that I'd otherwise be un-wisely sending, and complain to my little heart's content. I can't thank you guys enough for the last week.
5. I am thankful for my family who is willing to take me back for an entire month!
6. I am thankful for my good heath this past semester. Miraculously I never got sick for more than about 3 days for the first time. I can't remember a semester since middle school that I didn't get sick during. Shocking!
7. I am thankful for the Christmas season, it is a great time to reflect and refocus on the important stuff.
8. I am thankful that I get to be in a few places over this break. I get to work, be home in Annapolis, head VERY South to Orlando, FL for the Capitol One Bowl Game, New York after Christmas to see the extended family, and back to Columbia before school starts to celebrate my birthday!
9. I am thankful for (on that note) that I turn 21 in 2 weeks and 6 days. Who's counting? Since I've been home (and sometimes at school) I feel like I am reminded left and right that I'm still in the under 21 club. Only a few more weeks!!
10. I am thankful that it is rarely as cold at school as it is here in Maryland! I keep calling it the North Pole just for fun!

(11. I am thankful that I didn't make a complete fool of myself about a week ago at The Container Store. As soon as I entered, it was so festive and people were wrapping gifts everywhere. I yelled out "IT LOOKS LIKE SANTA'S WORKSHOP IN HERE!" a little too loud and everyone turned and looked at me...still pretty silly! Oops!)

xxKatie

1 comment:

Portuguese Prepster said...

sounds like you have a great break planned!! I'll be 21 in a few weeks too-thank god!