Tonight is DANCE MARATHON AT USC!!! In honor of dancing for 24 hours, I'm making a playlist of GREAT dancing songs for y'all:
1. Copperhead Road by Steve Earler: There's a great line dance that my favorite country western bar does to this song! It's SO easy to learn and everyone knows the dance!
2. Hey! Baby by Bruce Channel: This is one of my favorite songs to shag to! It's got a fun beat and everyone recognizes it. We're even lucky at Gamecock football games when they play this and the whole stadium joins in!
3. Push It by Salt-n-Pepa: Now when you hear this song, don't you IMMEDIATELY think of the dancing scene in Something Borrowed?! I know I always do!!
4. Where Them Girls At by David Guetta, Nicki Minaj, and Flo Rida: Good beats, fun lyrics and totally a GIRLS song!
5. Country Girl (Shake It for Me) by Luke Bryan: I don't know anyone who wasn't groovin' to this song live at the Luke Bryan concert! Shake it we will!
6. Bennie and the Jets by Elton John: Another song that makes me thing of a dancing scene in a movie--27 Dresses this time!
7. Hold Back the Night by The Trammps: Again, another shagging song, but I also love the lyrics in this song. It was even the title of one of my facebook albums!
8. Super Bass by Nicki Minaj: I don't care what anyone says about this--it's a really fun dancing song! It's also a HUGE crowd pleaser!
9. Dancin' In the Moonlight by Toploader: I love this version from "A Walk to Remember" and this makes me want to snag a partner and shuffle around the dance floor!
10. The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra: This is my last movie dancing scene one! Taken from one of my favorite movies, My Best Friend's Wedding, I love this song for a sweet slow dance!
11. We R Who We R by Ke$ha: Really, any Ke$ha song is a great dancing song! Am I right?
12. Love Done Gone by Billy Currington: This tune has the IDEAL shagging beat and timing! I once heard it called "the happiest sounding sad song ever" on the radio! I shag a little just hearing it!
13. No Hands by Waka Flocka Flame: Anyone who hears this song, HAS to dance to it! ...with no hands!
14. Come Away with Me by Norah Jones: I know a few couples who have used this as their slow dance for their weddings. So sweet I can't get over it!
15. Why Don't We Just Dance by Josh Turner: The title says it all!
Hear the whole playlist here on Spotify!