Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Vow: A Review

I saw The Vow on Sunday! I know a lot of people saw it already, but I finally got around to seeing it!

I liked it, but I don't think it lived up to all the hype I had given it in my head. I had built it up to be a lot sappier, etc. than it really was. I'm quite the movie crier (anyone who saw The Time Traveler's Wife with me during sorority recruitment can attest to that...Annie and Hilary will remember it well!) and I managed to hold it together during this movie entirely.

I thought it was definitely a cute movie, but I also would advise you to go see it as a group of ladies--it's not really a date type movie in my opinion. Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams both were super sweet in this movie and I really liked the two of them in a relationship together! I don't want to ruin the end for anyone, but I wasn't a HUGE fan of the end. It was an interesting way to wrap up the entire thing.  Agree? Disagree?

I also am very curious to know how much of the family drama that plays out in the movie is true about the real couple! I listened to an interview with the couple that this movie is based on but they never talked about that issue! I also thought the family part of the movie where she was from super hipster-y to preppy was kinda funny--talk about a 180-degree change!

Did you like The Vow? Do you want to see it?

xxKatie

4 comments:

kookskicks said...

i agree! i thought that it was going to be really good, but i was extremely disappointed. i thought that the ending was also disapointing because the rest of the movie was cute. basically the ending ruined it for me.

Kate said...

I was expecting it to be better. I thought the middle dragged on and it ended sort of suddenly. I didn't love the ending but since it's based on a true story I just assumed that was the way it happened in real life.

Heather A. said...

I definitely agree! I love them both, but I'm not sure if I loved them as a couple...

Mrs Nautical Belle said...

I loved the movie! And I wrote a review myself! I loved the book a lot as well.. but in a different way. You should definitely read the book!

xoxo.