Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Wardrobe Staples

I wear very similar things most of the time. I stick to shapes I like and colors and textures that I'm used to. That being said, my Christmas outfit is usually along the same lines, although it does differ every year! There are a few holiday staples that you'll want to keep handy as you run from soiree to event to dinner during this Christmas season!

I am starting at the bottom, but these are actually my Christmas shoes this year! I found them at a clearance sale at the beginning of the summer at the most fun accessory store next to the store I work at, and there was one pair left in my size. I took it as fate and snagged them! I've been saving them for something special and Christmas seems perfect. They are Libby Edelman "Nalini" Suede Bootie. Find a pair of shoes that will work with multiple outfits. Stick to black and nude patent or suede!
Finding your frock is always a tough decision! I usually like to go with metallics or jewel tones. This year, my dress is royal blue and emerald (to kick off the color of the year!) but last year I wore a gold shift. I like this strapless one especially if you're on the party circuit (and it's on sale!)
I am still a big fan of my metallic Christmas dress from last year and I always look for more occasions to wear it!


Find a fun and festive statement necklace! I love this BaubleBar gold bib necklace because it can jazz up an LBD or work great with a red or green party dress! (Not on BaubleBar yet? Get your invite today!)
Top off your look with the perfect Christmas color for your nails! Tons of people RAVE about "Bordeaux" as a go-to holiday color, so clearly this is the winner!

Do you have your holiday outfits picked out? Are there certain colors or Christmas items you stick to?

xxKatie

2 comments:

Cotton said...

My adorable ankle boots have already had a ton of use! I love pairing them with black tights, too!

WorthyStyle said...

I look forward to seeing what you put together with your little "booties" in different outfits! I also have to say, that metallic dress from last year is still stunning.