Here's the finished product! My big surprise to unveil was that I did my monogram instead of a phrase or word! I am so excited with the final product!!
Here's what you need:
1. Canvas: any size, just know the bigger, the longer and more labor intensive it will be
2. Gems: any color! I picked pink and green ones out of a big colorful pack. I added pearls and pink glittery ones, and then added 10 HUGE crystals throughout it!
3. Hot glue gun: I used a hot glue gun to affix all the gems to the canvas, but a friend of mine helped me out and she used Elmer's too.
4. Letters or words: I used a box cutter to make the letters as accurate as possible so they turned out best on the canvas.
5. Patience grasshopper: this is not a fast craft, you need time.
First lay out your letters:
I taped mine down so that they didn't move or change places on me while I was doing it. You could also trace them, but the letters were good stencils and placeholders.
Next, start adding your gems:
You can see I started with clusters from the big silver gems first.
Continue adding your gems:
Once all your letters are outlined and with the gems and you fill in their open spaces, you can get ready to peel the letters off. I jumped the gun because it could have been cool to wait until the very end, but I wanted to know what it would look like!
Then, peel off the letters:
It's starting to take shape!! Now you just have to be patient, and keep adding the gems all over!
Soon enough, you'll have this:
You're almost ready for the last step!
If you want, you can add gems to all the edges:
Once you're at this step, you can work on finding a place to put it and then finally hanging it!
I hung this right by my bed! I'm hoping it's well hung and the ribbon is sturdily attached!!
Do you like?
Happy crafting y'all!