Friday, February 3, 2012

Crafternoon: Canvas + Rhinestones FINISHED PRODUCT!

Here's the finished product! My big surprise to unveil was that I did my monogram instead of a phrase or word! I am so excited with the final product!!

Here's what you need:

1. Canvas: any size, just know the bigger, the longer and more labor intensive it will be
2. Gems: any color! I picked pink and green ones out of a big colorful pack. I added pearls and pink glittery ones, and then added 10 HUGE crystals throughout it!
3. Hot glue gun: I used a hot glue gun to affix all the gems to the canvas, but a friend of mine helped me out and she used Elmer's too.
4. Letters or words: I used a box cutter to make the letters as accurate as possible so they turned out best on the canvas.
5. Patience grasshopper: this is not a fast craft, you need time.

First lay out your letters:
I taped mine down so that they didn't move or change places on me while I was doing it. You could also trace them, but the letters were good stencils and placeholders.

Next, start adding your gems:
You can see I started with clusters from the big silver gems first.

Continue adding your gems:


Once all your letters are outlined and with the gems and you fill in their open spaces, you can get ready to peel the letters off. I jumped the gun because it could have been cool to wait until the very end, but I wanted to know what it would look like!

Then, peel off the letters:
It's starting to take shape!! Now you just have to be patient, and keep adding the gems all over!

Soon enough, you'll have this:
You're almost ready for the last step!

If you want, you can add gems to all the edges:
Once you're at this step, you can work on finding a place to put it and then finally hanging it!

Hang it:
I hung this right by my bed! I'm hoping it's well hung and the ribbon is sturdily attached!! 

Do you like?


Happy crafting y'all!

xxKatie

9 comments:

Holly said...

Ahh, it turned out amazing! I LOVE it!

Maria Larsen said...

It looks SO good!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Completely fabulous!

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

FanTABulous!
Oh.my.stars!
I am soooooo lovin' this one.
I gotta get my craftin' ON! Maybe this will be my SuperBowl craft!

Love and Hugs,
Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madam Spoiled

Anonymous said...

so fun!

kookskicks said...

this is so cute! where can you get the gems for the project?

Charlotte said...

I love it! I want to make one!

Frannie said...

This is SOOO cute! I'm gonna HAVE to make one for myself!

Cat said...

I'm also wondering where you got the gems, I can't find a variety bag at Michael's just a large bag of clear gems only. :(