Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Playlist: Here You Come Again

Today's the day! I'm off to South Carolina. While I'm extremely excited, I'm also very sad to be leaving my family, my house, my little bed, and the rest of my friends! I have an 8 hour drive, so tunes are VERY important. Here's what I'll be jamming out to on my way:

1. 501 by Sequoyah Prep School: These guys are ALL about South Carolina so they HAD to be on the list!
2. Only Wanna Be With You by Hootie and the Blowfish: Do I even need to explain?
3. In A Big Way by Darius Rucker: Nothing like a Gamecock to welcome you home! I LOVE this song and it always reminds me of driving!
4. Turning Home by David Nail: This song does double duty, I listen to it coming to Maryland AND going back to South Carolina...I'm so lucky to consider two great places home!
5. Use Your Love by Katy Perry: This song is my new jam! Apparently it's old school KP, but I'm all about it! Great for driving through these long states with all the windows down!
6. Summer Girls by Leighton Meester: I didn't like Country Strong at all, but the soundtrack was fun! This just reminds me of getting back to school!!
7. Love in a College Town by Luke Bryan: I'm headed back to MY college town and as y'all can see, I couldn't be happier!!! There are FEW songs that remind me more of school than than this one!!
8. Songs About Rain by Gary Allen: It rained all day long yesterday and rain is on the forecast for very much of today's trip. This song is NOT a happy one, but every playlist is a balance of the happy and sad, old and new, rap and country. Without a few sad songs, this playlist would stink.
9. Breakdown Here by Julie Roberts: This is a shoutout to my Annapolis homies: aBc and sEc! I'll be thinking of you two my entire trip!
10. Died in Your Arms Remix by Smitty: I sing this ENTIRE song when it comes on. HUGE fan and great for a different song in the middle of a roadtrip!
11. Bye Bye by Phil Vassar: Grace has gotten me back into this song AND PV, but this version is so much better than the Jo De Messina version. Did y'all know he wrote this?
12. Wave on Wave by Pat Green: This is on my all time favorite list of driving songs! It is PERFECT for cruisin'!
13. Love Done Gone by Billy Currington: This song makes me oh so excited to shag! With such a fun beat I love it. As the radio station said the other day, "It's the happiest sounding sad song ever!" I totally agree!
14. Never Gonna Leave This Bed by Maroon 5: I listened to this song on my way home and now it's on the list again! I had to bring a few back onto this list from the last list for sure.
15. American Girl by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: Again, another great driving song and just an awesome throwback! It was easy to add this guy to the list. Plus, how great of a name is "The Heartbreakers" for a band...so great!

I'm off to Sweet SC, wish me luck!! By the time y'all will have read this, I'll have been on the road for almost a hour and a half!!

xxKatie

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for being my top referrer. You rock, girl! :) xo

Legally Brunette Kate said...

"American Girl" is a great song...I actually saw Tom Petty in concert a few years ago. And I LOVE that you included Hootie and the Blowfish!

legallybrunettekate.blogspot.com